The king of F1 can walk in epic with photos and hashtags on Instagram.
Lewis Hamilton is not only the king of Formula 1 on the circuit, he also trumps his competitors off the track. We are of course talking about the only thing that really matters in life, namely your amount of followers on Social Media. Hamilton is known to be very active on the socials, partly because he often posts controversial things and then deletes them when someone close to him says that it is not that useful. That’s how you keep busy, of course.
Anyway, nice of course, sharing and liking that, but nowadays it is also normal big business. Well, Lewis enjoys a royal salary at Mercedes, so he doesn’t have to take every opportunity to get a few pennies from local business owners. Before you know it, you will be cutting a ribbon somewhere in one Carpet Right or the like. Not necessarily what you want.
But if Lewis wants to, he could walk in epic with his 20.4 million followers. According to a rating from the always reliable (no, unfortunately I don’t receive anything at all for this) TopRatedCasinos.co.uk, cited by quality publication Gazzetta dello Sport, the value of a post sponsored by Lewis is 57,820 Ekkermannen. With that he is once again at the top of the F1 field.
Lewis is followed at a very appropriate distance by Leclerc, Ricciardo and our own genuine party animal, Max Verstappen. This trio each has just under four million followers, making an Insta post only worth ten grand. Despite all his efforts and debauchery on social media, young Lando Norris is only in fifth place with 2.2 million followers. This means that a post from the Briton is only worth 6,308 Ekkermannen. You can check the top 15 below.
Full Results Formula 1 Social Media Grand Prix 2020
Driver – Team, Insta Followers, Value by Mail
- Hamilton – Mercedes, 20.4 million, 57,820 Euro
- Leclerc – Ferrari, 3.7 million, 10.658 Euro
- Ricciardo – Renault, 3.7 million, 10.589 Euro
- VERSTAPPEN – Red Bull, 3.6 million, 10,407 Euro
- Norris – McLaren, 2.2 million, 6.308 Euro
- Räikkönen – Alfa Romeo, 2.1 million, 5,940 Euro
- Sainz – McLaren, 1.8 million, 5.345 Euro
- Bottas – Mercedes, 1.7 million, 5.040 Euro
- Russell – Williams, 930,000, 3,950 Euro
- Grosjean – Haas F1, 907,000, 3,850 Euro
- Albon – Red Bull, 870,000, 3,700 Euro
- Gasly – Alpha Tauri, 1.2 million, 3.639 Euro
- Ocon – Renault, 696,000, 2,955 Euro
- Hulkenberg – Racing Point 1.0 million, 2.895 Euro
- Perez – Racing Point 1.0 million, 2.839 Euro
It is striking that Sebastian Vettel, as is often the case this year, cannot be found in the top-15. The reason for this is simple: the German four-time champion does not use Social Media at all. Good pear. Unlike Seb, do you walk in screaming with Insta posts? Let us know, in the comments!
I think it’s a lot over 10 already 😅 but I don’t have that many friends either.
Instagram is for kids, Flickr for adults. It’s just a pity that the Dutch have reservations about that name.