Neck wraps are a popular home remedy for sore throats that you can use yourself quickly and easily. In this article we will show you how to properly create and put on warm and cold neck wraps.
Neck wraps are often used at the first sign of a cold: They work well as Home remedies for a sore throat or a sore throat. In addition to medical treatment, neck wraps can help stop sore throat, so Netdoctor.
There are warm and cold neck wraps that have different effects. Both wraps usually consist of three cloths, of which only the cloth on the inside of the neck is moistened with water. Here we show you what you have to pay attention to when you make a neck wrap yourself.
Neck wrap: what you should always pay attention to
A neck wrap is quickly put on. When using this home remedy, however, you should keep a few basic tips in mind.
- Put on the neck wrap and go to bed: So that warm and cold neck wraps can really develop their effect, you should lie down with them directly in bed and relax. Sore throats are often a sign that your body is having a beginning cold fights. That’s why you should give him some bed rest to get back on his feet quickly. Even after you have taken off the neck wrap, you can still lie in bed for half an hour.
- Do not wear neck wraps for too long: You should only use neck wraps for as long as the warmth or cold of the envelope feels comfortable for you. If you get too warm or cold, you should remove the compress directly.
- Correctly cover damp neck wraps: Once you have moistened the neck wrap, it is best to always wrap two layers of cloth or scarves around it. Do not use cling film for this – in addition to the ecological aspect, according to Netdoktor, heat can quickly build up.
- Be careful with essential oils: Basically are essential oils suitable as an additive for neck wraps. However, you should first discuss their use with a doctor – especially if the neck wraps are intended for children. According to Netdoktor, for example, some oils can irritate the mucous membranes and cause shortness of breath. Therefore, always test first whether you can tolerate the oils. Simply rub a few drops of the oil into the crook of your arm. As long as there is no redness or itching occurs, you can use the oil with confidence.
Tip: For neck wraps, preferably use cloths made of natural fibers, for example cotton, linen or wool. These are more breathable than synthetic fabrics.
Use warm and cold neck wraps correctly
Cold neck wraps According to Netdoktor, they have a decongestant effect and help relieve inflammation in the body. That’s why you can use them, for example, to relieve pain in a neck or Tonsillitis to alleviate. If you are already cold, or you are chills you should avoid cold neck wraps. In addition, you should only soak the compress with cold and not with ice-cold water.
Warm neck wrap In addition to a sore throat, they also relieve the symptoms of bronchitis and hoarseness. The warmth of this wrap stimulates the blood circulation in your body and relieves cramps. Never use boiling water for the warm neck wrap, always use warm water. If you suffer from acute inflammation, according to Netdoktor you are not allowed to use warm compresses.
Warm neck wrap with potatoes
For these simple warm neck wraps, you often already have the most important ingredient in your kitchen. Potato wraps have the advantage of being the Can store the heat of the water longer. For these wraps you will need:
- 500 grams of unpeeled potatoes
- two towels made of cotton or linen (one of which should be slightly larger than the other)
- a wool scarf
And this is how you apply the warm neck wrap:
- First boil the potatoes until they are soft and then drain the water.
- Let the potatoes evaporate for a few minutes and then place them on the smaller of the two cloth towels.
- Now carefully mash the hot potatoes with a fork.
- Now wrap the potatoes tightly in the cloth. If necessary, secure the cloth into a small package with string or tape.
- Now place the potato packet at the front of your neck and wrap the second cotton cloth around it.
- Finally, fix both towels with a woolen scarf and leave the neck wrap on for at least 30 minutes.
Cold neck wrap with quark
Quark wrap you can easily make it yourself. For this pleasantly cold neck wrap you need:
- a gauze compress,
- a cotton cloth,
- a scarf,
- and about 250 grams of quark.
Make cold quark wraps yourself:
- Spread the quark about finger thick in the middle of the gauze compress.
- Place the wrap around your neck so that the side coated with curd is on the skin.
- Now first fix the quark wrap with a clean cloth and then wrap the scarf around you.
- Leave the neck wrap on until the curd has dried.
Read more on Techzle.com:
- Calf wrap for a fever: tips for babies, children and adults
- Dry throat: the most effective home remedies
- Gargling salt water: a home remedy for a sore throat