Skoda Enyaq gets interior Design Selections

Sustainable materials in a spacious cabin

Skoda Enyaq 2021 - interior sketch

Interior sketch Skoda Enyaq

Instead of trim levels, the Skoda will receive Enyaq Design Selections and additional option packs. Natural and recycled materials play a major role in this.

Skoda already provides information about the interior of the upcoming electric SUV, fully called the Enyaq iV. A number of features are the space, the durable materials and the personalization options. The brand throws away the well-known idea of ​​trim levels and offers Design Selections instead.

Norbert Weber, head of interior design at Skoda, explains more about this in an interview: “This [Selections] are reminiscent of modern living environments, with perfectly coordinated colors and materials. In addition, we provide clearly structured option packages with different themes, with a number of separate options available for all models. This means that we offer customers clear and simple options, which are nevertheless unique. “

Space

The designers took advantage of the possibilities offered by the MEB platform for electric cars: a long wheelbase in relation to the body and a flat floor without a center tunnel. “We used this conceptual feature to make the interior look even more spacious.” For example, the trim parts are extended across the entire width of the car, from dashboard to door panels.

A design joke is that the shape of the Skoda grille in the dashboard returns. This provides a ‘resting point’, lined with soft materials, for the hand that operates the touchscreen. Rear passengers will appreciate the generous legroom and spacious middle seat. The luggage space of the Enyaq is 585 liters.

Durable materials

Many of the materials for Design Selections are of natural origin or recycled. Weber: “In one Design Selection version, the seat upholstery, for example, is made of 40 percent wool and carries the Woolmark Company quality mark. The other 60 percent of the upholstery consists of polyester from recycled PET bottles. This seat upholstery feels unique and provides for pleasant seating comfort. ” Leather, which Skoda has tanned with an extract of olive tree leaves instead of chemicals, is also used.

Accept marketing cookies to view the video


Watch this video?
YouTube is a Cookie Monster, run it marketing cookies!
Adjust your cookie settings.

Recent Articles

How to quickly install Windows apps

Microsoft recently released the first stable version of Windows Package Manager. With this tool for some...

This Week’s Five Best iPhone Apps and Games (#38 – 2021)

The weekend is almost over. Unfortunate! But you'll probably still have some time to relax with this week's best iPhone games! ...

Dangel turned Peugeot’s crossovers avant la lettre

Long before Audi invented the Allroad and Volvo invented the XC70, French ambulance services, the gendarmerie, the fire brigade and foresters had the most...

Skoda Enyaq Coupé iV – First driving test

Skoda comes with a second body variant of the electric Enyaq iV and calls it a coupé. We would actually say hatchback, but...

Related Stories

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay on op - Ge the daily news in your inbox