Do you want to share a Wallet pass on your iPhone with someone else? You can easily arrange this via the app. We show you how to share Wallet cards with someone else.
Share wallet passes
Wallet is a handy service that works like a kind of digital wallet for your important tickets, passes and loyalty cards. Sometimes, however, you want to share a pass with someone else and of course you don’t want to have to switch iPhone for this. In this tip, we explain how you can share passes and tickets in Wallet with others.
Share wallet cards with others
Suppose you have saved a customer card from your favorite store in Wallet. You use this card, for example, to register your purchases in your account or to save points. You can easily share this card with your partner, for example, so that he or she does not need the accompanying app and does not have to fill in all your personal details.
This is how you share a card via Wallet:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Choose the card you want to share.
- Tap the round button with the three dots in the top right corner.
- Now tap the button for the share menu in the top right corner (identified by the square with the up arrow).
- Choose one of the options. You can send a card via iMessage, WhatsApp, email or any other supporting app. Sharing via AirDrop is also an option.
The recipient now opens the chat, mail or other app and taps the card. Then choose add to add the card to the Wallet app. If you are using AirDrop, tap Accept to immediately put the displayed card in Wallet.
It is not possible to share an Apple Pay payment card in this way. If you want to, the person will have to add the card manually via the bank’s app or by entering the card details (if known). Learn more about this in our article on setting up Apple Pay.
Only with Apple users
You can only exchange cards with Apple users, as only they have access to the Wallet app. In addition to an iPhone or iPod touch, you can also share the map with a Mac or iPad. Then the recipient can accept the card there. On the Mac, the card is sent as a .pkpass file. This will then automatically appear in the Downloads folder. Then click on it and click on the button Add to Wallet. The card will then be automatically added to the Wallet app on the iPhone signed in with the same iCloud account.
Keep in mind that if you share the pass with someone, they always have access to this pass. As a sender you cannot withdraw the pass or card. So only do this with friends and family that you trust. In addition, the recipient can also share the card further.
Also read our other tips:
- This way you add loyalty cards, tickets and more to the Wallet app
- This way you create your own Wallet cards and they automatically appear at locations
- Add the Albert Heijn Bonus card to Wallet: that’s how it works