Now that there are apps for the Apple TV, that brings a lot of possibilities. In this tip article we talk about some possibilities of what you can do with apps.
You can now also download apps from an App Store on the new, fourth-generation Apple TV. With these third-party apps you can, for example, watch series or play games. Whatever you download, everything ends up on the main screen of the Apple TV. It is useful if you can do some organizational work. Here are some tips.
Move Apple TV apps
You can adjust app icons on the main screen, so that the most used apps are at the start and apps you open less often are further at the back. You do that as follows:
- Use the Apple TV remote to select an app icon;
- Click and hold until it starts to wobble;
- Now let go and use the touchpad to drag the app in a different way;
- If it is in the right place, you click and put it away.
Close Apple TV apps
Just like on iOS, it is also possible to disable apps on the Apple TV. You do this in the following way:
- Go to the home screen of your Apple TV;
- Double-click the Home button to switch to the multitask window;
- Swipe left or right to select the app you want to disable;
- Swipe up to stop it;
- With the home button you go back to the main screen.
Of course you can also free up space on the home screen of the Apple TV. How to remove apps:
- Use the touchpad on the remote control to select an app icon;
- Click and hold;
- Now click on Play / Pause and choose ‘Delete’.
Read more about the Apple TV
- New Apple TV gets high refresh rate of 120Hz (6-4)
- New Apple TV gets modified remote control (24-3)
- ‘Apple will unveil new products on 23 March during online event’ (8-3)
- Week 52 news overview: better privacy, first Apple car in 2024 and more (26-12-2020)
- Concept: This is how the Apple TV Pro can look with new remote control (24-12-2020)