We introduce you to four outdoor fitness exercises that you can use to be active outside. We will also explain the advantages of outdoor training.
Outdoor fitness is about doing your sports training outdoors:
- Some public parks have zones for outdoor training. Free devices are available there.
- But even without free equipment, you can convert your environment for outdoor training: a staircase, a park bench or a tree are good options.
These are the benefits of outdoor fitness
Outdoor fitness has some advantages that indoor sports cannot compete with:
- With outdoor training in the fresh air, you save yourself the costs of a gym subscription or the purchase of expensive fitness equipment.
- Outdoor training is very good for your body: the fresh air strengthens your immune system and stimulates blood circulation. This is especially good in the cooler seasons, when we spend more time indoors.
- Daylight has a major impact on your vitamin D balance. Vitamin D is important for your general well-being and strengthens your muscles and bones.
1. Exercise for outdoor fitness: the tree seat
For this you need: a tree or a house wall.
Lean your back against the tree and step forward with your feet. Lower your bottom a little towards the floor. The aim is for you to sit on a right-angled, invisible chair.
Now press your back against the tree. Hold it for between 30 seconds and two minutes before loosening up and resting for a moment. You can repeat this exercise one more time.
Note: As you lean against the tree, your thighs should be parallel to each other.
2. Exercise for outdoor fitness: the park bench stretcher
For this you need: a park bench.
Take a large step away from the park bench. Your back points towards the bench. Lift your right leg and place your right foot on the park bench.
Now slowly crouch with your left leg. Make sure to keep your balance. Your weight should be on your left leg.
Hold out like that for twenty seconds. Then switch to the other leg and repeat the exercise.
3. Exercise for outdoor fitness: the branch step
What you need: a branch or a broomstick.
- Place the branch on your shoulders, pulling your shoulder blades together a little so that the branch does not fall off. At the same time, your hands grip the ends of the branch.
- Lunge forward with your right leg. Squat down by bending your legs.
- Now turn your upper body, which is stabilized by the branch, as far as possible to the left and to the right.
- Stand upright again, switch legs, and repeat the exercise again.
4. Exercise for outdoor fitness: crawling upstairs
What you need: stairs.
- For this outdoor training exercise, crawl up a flight of stairs on all fours – backwards.
- Once you have reached the top, you can crawl down forwards in a different position: your stomach points up towards the sky.
Combine outdoor fitness with another sport
You can also combine outdoor training with other outdoor sports: parcours, badminton, yoga, jogging or cycling are good options. You can incorporate the outdoor fitness exercises either at the beginning, in the middle or at the end of your training.
Would you like to continue working with outdoor fitness? We recommend the book “Outdoortraining” with over 100 exercises. For example, you can do it with ** Amazon to buy.
Read more on Techzle.com:
- Exercises for the neck and shoulders: simple training against tension
- Coping with Stress: These methods and exercises will help you
- Workout at home: ideas for sports in your own four walls