We are living in the 21st century and for many of us, that means a concrete jungle from 9-5 and this fast-paced lifestyle breaks our connection with Mother Nature, which can have a negative impact on our health & well-being.
What can a woman do to stay connected to nature?
Here are a few nature hacks.
- 100% natural beauty products – Natural deodorant for sensitive skin ensures that your skin won’t suffer. Shampoo, conditioner, mascara and eyeliner all come with natural ingredients, and there are online suppliers who only stock natural products. Deodorants that contain toxic chemicals and propellant should be avoided; natural deodorant lasts for up to 7 days!
- Indoor plants – Whether you live in a house or apartment, you can adorn your living space with lush green exotic plants. Enjoy a long soak in a hot bath with ferns and rubber plants adorning the bathroom. This is one way to relieve the stresses of modern living; research tells us that indoor gardening elevates your mood. Take a drive to your nearest garden centre and check out the indoor section; the staff are very knowledgeable and can advise you on suitable species.
- Regular spa & massage treatment – A Google search will locate the website of a top-rated spa & wellness resort, where the emphasis is on natural treatments. You deserve a special day every month when you are pampered by experts using natural elements.
- Scented candles & incense – If you want to make a connection with nature, set the scene with dim lighting and scented candles, with incense sticks or cones. If you have a beautiful view from your window, spend some time appreciating the wonders of Mother Nature; do this often and surround yourself with natural things.
- Using coconut oil – The pollution we face in Sydney can be damaging to our skin; we recommend massaging coconut oil into your skin; right after bathing, which will make your skin glow. Massage coconut oil into your hair right after the conditioner rinse and your hair will be manageable all day. Apply a little before going to the beach, which helps to keep your skin moist, while protecting your skin from the Sun.
It can be very challenging to be a career woman and it is easy to become consumed with work; we all need to find ways of connecting with nature, which leads to a healthier lifestyle.