Tesla sees deliveries falling sharply

Smallest number of deliveries in a year and a half

Tesla Model 3

Tesla has not had a good quarter. In fact, in terms of deliveries, it had its worst period since the third quarter of 2022.

In the first three months of this year, Tesla assembled 433,376 cars worldwide. That was 1.7 percent less than in the first quarter of last year. Of all Teslas produced, no less than 95 percent (412,376 units) were a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y. The remaining 5 percent were a Tesla Model S or Model X.

In terms of deliveries, Tesla plunged deeper into the red. In the first quarter of this year, it delivered 386,810 cars worldwide. That was 8.5 percent less than in the same period last year. This made this Tesla’s worst quarter since the third quarter of 2022. Naturally, the Model 3 and Model Y accounted for the majority of deliveries. No fewer than 96 percent of Teslas delivered were a Model 3 or Model Y. The remaining 4 percent were a Model S or Model X.

Tesla ended 2023 with a very pleasant final quarter for the brand. If we compare the first quarter of this year with the last quarter of last year, it is striking how sharply production and deliveries have collapsed. Tesla produced almost 16 percent fewer cars in the past three months than in the last quarter of last year and even delivered over 20 percent fewer cars. According to the manufacturer, the decline is partly due to problems in the supply chain, including unrest in the Red Sea. Yet production last quarter was not much lower than in the first quarter of 2023. The decline in the number of deliveries may therefore have more to do with a cooling down of demand for Teslas.

– Thanks for information from Autoweek.nl

Recent Articles

Related Stories

Stay on op - Ge the daily news in your inbox