Water coolers are an essential part of any office or workplace. They provide easy access to fresh, cold water for employees and customers alike. Not only do they keep everyone hydrated, but they also increase the overall productivity of any business. Water coolers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, from modern designs to classic styles that fit perfectly into any office environment. With a wide range of features to choose from, such as temperature control and filtration systems, it is easy to find the perfect water cooler for your needs. In this introduction, we will explore some of the benefits that water coolers offer businesses as well as look at some popular models on the market today.
History of Water Coolers
Water coolers are an important part of modern life, providing us with a refreshing drink of cold water whenever we need it. But did you know that water coolers have a long and interesting history? Let’s take a look at the history of water coolers for offices to understand how they became such an integral part of our lives.
The first recorded use of a water cooler was in 1844 by John Lillie, who installed one in London’s Savoy Hotel. This early version consisted of two large tanks, one containing ice and the other containing cold water. The cold water was then drawn from the tank using a pump and served through spigots on the side.
It wasn’t until 1888 that William Matson created the first modern-day version of what we now consider to be the traditional standing floor cooler. This model used gravity to feed cold drinking water up from an ice-filled tank into its dispensing tap for guests to enjoy chilled beverages without having to leave their seats.
In 1928, Gilbert Ainsworth invented one of the earliest versions of electric refrigerator-style countertop models which could produce both hot and cold drinking water simultaneously—a major convenience for many households at this time! This invention also marked the beginning of mass.
Types of Water Coolers
Water coolers are invaluable for providing refreshing, chilled water in any home or office. They come in several varieties and can be chosen based on the needs of the user. Here is an overview of the different types of water coolers available.
1. Bottleless Water Cooler: A bottleless water cooler is connected to a direct water line, which eliminates the need for bottles filled with drinking water to be constantly replaced. This type of cooler filters out contaminants and maintains ideal temperatures for both hot and cold drinks, making it energy-efficient as well as cost-effective over time. It does require professional installation, however, so this should be factored into the cost when considering purchasing one of these units.
2. Countertop Water Cooler: Countertop models are compact units that fit easily on any countertop space or tabletop surface without taking up much room at all. These provide convenient access to chilled drinking water with no installation necessary but don’t have dispensers for hot beverages like other types do; however, they typically come with an added filter system to ensure cleanliness and freshness in every glassful that’s poured from them!
Benefits of Using a Water Cooler
Every office should have a water cooler. Not only is it a great way to keep the workplace hydrated, but it also has numerous benefits for both employers and employees. Here are five reasons why you should consider getting a water cooler for your office:
1. Improved Productivity – Staying hydrated is essential for productivity. Studies show that even mild dehydration can affect cognitive performance, leading to reduced productivity and impaired decision-making skills. Having access to cold, refreshing drinking water throughout the day can help keep employees alert and motivated to work harder and smarter.
2. Healthier Employees – Drinking adequate amounts of water helps ensure proper bodily functions such as digestion, circulation, absorption of nutrients, and elimination of toxins from our bodies. It also helps reduce fatigue, headaches, and other symptoms caused by dehydration which could lead to improved employee health overall–decreasing sick days in the long run!
3. Cost Savings – Investing in a quality water cooler upfront may seem like an expensive undertaking but in the long run it will save you money on buying cases of bottled water or individual bottles from vending machines every month or quarter (depending on your office size). Not only that but there’s often no need for additional plumbing or new piping;
How to Choose the Right Water Cooler
When it comes to keeping your office hydrated, having the right water cooler is key. A water cooler not only serves as a source of refreshment for your employees but also helps reduce plastic waste and energy costs. But with so many different types of coolers on the market today, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you select the perfect water cooler for your office:
1. Consider Your Needs: First and foremost, consider what type of water cooler best suits your needs. Are you looking for a basic model that dispenses cold or hot water? Or do you need something more robust that offers advanced features such as cold and hot filtration systems? Answering these questions will help narrow down your options so you can make an informed decision.
2. Choose Between Point-of-Use or Bottleless Coolers: Depending on how much space is available in your office, you may want to consider either point-of-use or bottleless coolers. Point-of-use coolers hook up directly to plumbing systems while bottleless coolers require larger containers that must be replaced when empty.
The use of water coolers in the workplace and at home has become increasingly popular over the years, due to their convenience and practicality. They provide a great way to ensure that everyone has access to clean drinking water, without having to worry about constantly refilling individual bottles. While traditional tap water is still an option, the added convenience of having cold or hot filtered water available on demand can make all the difference. With so many varieties available, there is sure to be one that fits your needs and budget.