Tingling in the head and face can be very uncomfortable. This article will tell you where the tingling sensation comes from and what you can do about it.
Tingling in the head and face: these are the causes
The feeling of numbness or tingling on the face and head can feel very uncomfortable. As in other places, this indicates nerve problems or circulatory disorders, so the pharmacy magazine. Everyone knows the feeling: When hands, fingers or other parts of the body get cold and “thaw” again in the warm, they start to tingle. However, if the tingling sensation persists, you should see a doctor.
According to the Apotheken Umschau, tingling in the head and face can have the following causes:
- Circulatory disorders in the brain
- Burns or frostbite (these are usually associated with numbness and pain)
- Other causes such as tumors or hormonal disorders are rare, but possible.
- Neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis can also cause tingling in the face and head.
In addition, stress should lead to muscle or nerve tension and trigger the uncomfortable feeling. Through a Nutritional deficiency through unbalanced diet, the body can like important nutrients iron or Folic acid absence. This should also trigger a tingling sensation in the head.
Often a combination of several causes triggers the uncomfortable feeling.
Measures against tingling in the head or face
If your face or head is tingling, you can take the following measures:
- If you’re under stress right now, relaxation can help. You can use some techniques to release tension and relieve the tingling sensation. Helpful tips: Relaxation: Decelerate these exercises and techniques
- Warm up If the tingling is just from the cold, it should go away once you’re warmed up again.
- If you suspect infection is causing the tingling sensation, see a doctor.
- If you have had an accident resulting in a head wound, you should disinfect and bandage the wound. However, you should only do this yourself for very small wounds. In other cases, we recommend that you consult a doctor immediately.
The Apotheken Umschau also recommends that any circulatory and nerve disorders be dealt with by a healthy lifestyle to prevent: With the help of a balanced diet the body receives all important nutrients. Exercise and avoiding nicotine and alcohol also help keep nerves and blood vessels healthy.
Caution: Basically, you should seek medical advice if the tingling in the head does not go away after a while. It could be a serious nerve condition that needs treatment.
Read more on Techzle.com:
- Tingling in the legs: causes and effective antidotes
- Facial steam bath for beautiful skin: this helps with pimples and irritated skin
- Vitamin B12: urgently needed for blood formation and the nervous system