Garmin announces the new Vívoactive 5 health smartwatch with AMOLED touchscreen. This smart watch should ensure better daily health. With a new battery life, a sleep coach and wheelchair functions, Garmin continues to raise the bar for itself.
Megan van der Wagt
Garmin is a well-known name in the field of smartwatches and fitness trackers for health and fitness. For example, Garmin previously released the Vívoactive 4 and 4s and the company is now launching the more inclusive Vívoactive 5 health. It has a wheelchair mode and a battery life of 11 days in smartwatch mode. This is about three days more than the Vívoactive 4 with a battery life of 8 days.
This is what’s new about the Vívoactive 5:
- AMOLED display. The AMOLED display makes it easier to see the colors on the screen. This makes the screen easier to view in bright environments.
- Longer battery life. The smartwatch has an updated battery life of 11 days.
- Sleep coach. With the sleep coach you will receive a daily sleep score and personal advice regarding sleep quality. This way the sleep coach can register how much sleep you really need and which sleep phases you go through.
- Morning report. When you get up, the smartwatch offers a morning report (morning report) On. It provides insight into how you slept last night, heart rate variability and the weather forecast.
- Body Battery. With the Body Battery you can view your energy level at any time.
- Wheelchair mode. The smartwatch registers the number of pushes made by a wheelchair user. There are also specific wheelchair sports apps workouts developed so that wheelchair users can gain better insight into their health
- Meditation. With the meditation function you can follow various meditation sessions. This can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Adjustable font size. You can choose between a large or small font for messages and workout-data.
Use Vívoactive 5 while exercising
With the Vívoactive 5 it is possible to create your own workout create with more than 1,600 exercises in the Garmin Connect app. For running, Garmin has developed training plans for 5km, 10km and a half marathon. After a workout you can see how many calories you have burned and the oxygen level in your body. Women can also track their menstrual cycles and receive special exercise and nutritional advice.
The Vívoactive 5 is not only useful in terms of activity, but the smartwatch also receives messages, emails and notifications when connected to a smartphone. With a suitable Android model you can reply via a keyboard in the smartwatch. When the Vívoactive detects an accident, it can send a notification to loved ones with an exact location. It is also possible to send a help message via email Assistance-function. Contactless payment is also included in this smartwatch. You can check in with your public transport and listen to your favorite playlist (playlist) download and play via your streaming service.
Price, colors and availability
The Vívoactive 5 is immediately available with a suggested retail price of € 299.99. With a lightweight, aluminum edge and silicone strap, the Vívoactive 5 is available in various colors such as Slate/black, Ivory/Cream gold, Navy/metallic and Orchid/metallic.