Purification tea as a detoxifying miracle cure? Find out here what the teas really do and how to use them correctly.
How do detox teas work?
The collective term “purification tea”, “detox tea” or “blood cleansing tea” includes many different types of tea that have one thing in common: they are supposed to remove toxins from the body and help to rid it of waste products.
But what exactly are slags?
- Various waste products are produced during metabolism. At the same time, you also absorb toxins from the environment, which are referred to as waste products.
- As a rule, these substances are disposed of via the liver, kidneys and other excretory and detoxification organs.
- Despite this, waste products sometimes accumulate in the body.
- Slags only occur when the body breaks down fat. However, that doesn’t mean that detox tea boosts fat burning. The tea is therefore not suitable as a weight loss product.
Detox teas are said to support the organs and boost the elimination of toxins. The liquid is supposed to flush the body and flush out the waste products. Classic herbs used in detox teas include:
- birch leaves
Teas made from these herbs are said to have a diuretic effect and ensure that the liquid drunk leaves the body quickly.
The right application
In order to detoxify your body as gently as possible, you can use different types of tea. The tea should primarily contain active ingredients that stimulate the kidneys and liver. Examples:
- The traditional detox tea is nettle tea. The nettle has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to flush out the urinary tract. You can buy it at a drug store or health food store, or you can simply make it yourself.
Tea made from dandelion leaves also boosts liver and kidney function. (make dandelion tea yourself)
- Another classic is birch leaf tea. Birch leaves are often used for urinary tract diseases and have a diuretic effect. Birch leaf tea is also very easy to make yourself.
As a rule, you should not drink more than one to two liters of tea per day. At the same time, you should continue to drink plenty of water to enhance the detoxifying effect.
For whom are detox teas unsuitable?
In general, you should be careful with detox tea. The teas are a product of naturopathic practice. Their effectiveness is therefore only rarely proven with objective scientific studies. Also, not everyone should consume the herbs it contains.
Pregnant women should not consume detox teas. If you take certain herbs too often and too intensively, this can have health risks for mother and child. You should not detoxify with tea even if you are breastfeeding.
- Detox teas can also be harmful for people with diabetes, heart disease, and kidney disease. In this case, discuss with your doctor whether you can drink detox teas or not.
Controversial effect of detox teas
The effect of detox tea has not yet been scientifically proven. Many positive results can be attributed to the placebo effect. You don’t necessarily need detox tea to detox. Drinking enough water regularly has the same detoxifying effect.
Read more on Techzle.com:
- Herbal tea in the test: many toxins, organic is better for tea
- Chamomile tea: everything about the effects of the medicinal plant
- Detoxify your body: Naturally and without expensive tools
- Is it safe to drink tap water in Germany?